Keegan

Keegan

Monday, February 8, 2010

Should I increase her diet now?

Well, today we are at day 14 (assuming my math is accurate).  As she's curled up here on my lap, I wonder how many little pups might be developing.  Right now at this stage, there isn't a huge drain on her energy stores.  It won't be until after the 4th week of gestation that the little guys will really begin to grow and develop and drain some of her energy.  That is when I'll increase VIP's energy intake in order to accomodate the weight gain and development of fetal tissues.  But, for now, she's still getting the same amount of food as before.  She is in super shape, great body condition, eats good, and seems very comfortable.  I had increased her diet a couple weeks prior to breeding as I felt she should have a couple more ounces on her.  I tend to like to see my dogs very lean so figured I'd let her go into this a tiny bit heavier than where I would normally keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment