Keegan

Keegan

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Meet Huck!

This darling little guy is "Huck" (AKA: Huckleberry Hound).  Yes, he has as much ticking on his body as a bluetick hound (hence the name). 

He was one of 12 toy fox terriers relinquished from a commercial breeder last month.  They all were extremely shy.  Huck would rather work than be touched but he insists on following me everywhere.

I figured since he was just a puppy, we'd only have him briefly...I was WRONG! 

Sadly, we have not had a single inquiry about him. 

Huck is an amazing little guy...quirky...but amazing...full of fire, attitude, confidence (except men are ogres to him), and an incredible drive to train (we won't talk too much about the tantrums he throws when we are done training). Of course the agility trainer/handler in me is going crazy as I know this little guy has the potential to just smoke Keegan. 

This past week I decided it was in his best interest to get serious about training and I enrolled him in Agility Foundations class.  Huck definitely needs to be in a home that will appreciate his talent, so for now...we will...and hope that his forever home will find him...just hope he hasn't already decided that he's found his forever home!

No comments:

Post a Comment