Keegan

Keegan

Monday, May 31, 2010

Instant Karma MX MXJ NF CGC

(Photo by Rosemary Strasser)
With the puppies here, I think I've failed to talk about my brilliant baby border collie.  Karma turned 3 on March 15 and finished her MX title on May 9, 2010 with this run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evQ3vyclWnM .  This was a course that I didn't think we'd successfully run. I was particularly worried about the line from the table to the right side of the tunnel, knowing I'd have to leave her on the table for a decent lead out.  She read it much better than I thought.  She followed that up by finishing her MXJ the following weekend with the fastest jumpers run of the day with this run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8D6xBPBLs0.  I was pleased with the run except for being a bit too far behind at the end causing her to almost miss a jump. We did recover in time to fix it though.We repeated that the following day with another great jumpers run, again, the fastest of the day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4TuMzgkLGA

It''s particularly sweet to run Karma as she was a rescue.  Not knowing exactly what I'd adopted, I feel very blessed to have such an amazing dog.  Never did I imagine that I'd be seriously thinking about attending and competing at the AKC National Championship and now, that seems like a reasonable goal. 

Not only is Karma a delight to run, she's wonderful to live with.  She never tries to herd the little dogs and what I can't do with them (canicross, bikjoring and skijoring) I get to do with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment